Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Makeup forever Ultra HD Foundation - Swatch and Review

Makeup For Ever Ultra HD foundation clams to be a Ultra lightweight foundation that gives you a medium coverage  that looks very  natural with flawless finish and is good for all skin types. This comes in 40 shades and contains 1oz of product which is typical for a foundation and retails Sephora for $44.

This is the newer formulation that replaced the old Makeup forever HD foundation.

My main issue about this foundation is that even with 40 shades I cannot find a shade that matches me. I am still in between shades. shade 177/Y505 is a bit too dark for me and shade Y455 is too light. Shade 175/R510 is the best match I have which is the color I own but it is too red undertone for my skin. I think at $44 a pop getting 2 foundations to mix is a bit pricey. For reference I'm about a NC47 in MAC

This foundation gives the skin a beautiful  finish and is great for pictures.  It can be built upto a good medium coverage and does not look heavy on the skin. It is a very thin formula and  is undetectable on the skin if you have the correct shade. However coverage wise I find that it is not enough for me. If you do not have a lot of issues or discoloration to your skin I think you would love this foundation. However if you have some issues like I do this will not be enough. It does even it out pretty good however I find for my personal preference the coverage is not enough.

On me this does not last more than 4 to 5 hours and I have to powder my T-zone to keep it going for longer. I do not think the wear time is too bad for what the foundation clams to be and if you add primers, setting sprays and powders you can keep this going on for a full work day. I think this works best on Normal to Dry Skins vs oily skins.

If you have fairly good skin and doesn't need much coverage, and looking for a lightweight foundation and can find a good shade match at Sephora this is a good one to consider.  However for me I find that this is not my favorite foundation and there are many more that I prefer over this

Some being the Kat Von D lock it , Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able, Smashbox Studio Skin Nars Skin Tint and my New Favorite Urban Decay All Nightie


Color: R510 /175

Color: R510 /175

Color: R510 /175


Color: R510 /175blended

No comments:

Post a Comment