Saturday, August 20, 2016

Kat Von D Lock-it Setting Powder in Translucent - Review

The Kat Von D Lock-it Setting Powder in Translucent can be found at Sephora . It retails for $30 and contains 19g/0.67oz

This Powder is described as silky non-drying powder that Softly defuses pores and smooth imperfections and gives the skin a velvety matte finish. It also clams to be undetectable on all skin tones.

If you have darker skin tone like myself you would know that almost all powders described as "Translucent" is really not translucent on darker skin tones. Some more that other would show a grey/white cast on your skin so I was excited to try this out for myself.

The powder itself does not look a pure white like the Makeup Forever HD and is more like the color of the Laura Mercier loose setting powder (LM powder). However while the LM powder at a glance looks matte the Kat Von D powder does not. It shows to have a bit of a sheen to it which gives it the velvet texture. It is finely milled but I would say the LM powder seems to be a bit more finely milled.

Having used it however I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. It set my concealer without caking up and sort of blurred my pores to make my skin look even and made it smother. All in all I think this is very close to LM powder and I a close substitute.

If your looking for a loose powder (even for Dark Skin tones) then this is  a good one to consider






L: Blended Swatch  R: Heavy Swatch

L: Blended Swatch  R: Heavy Swatch


* this produce was sent to me by influenster however this review is my genuine opinion about the product
 

No comments:

Post a Comment